Krish Vigneswaran, MD
Department of Neurosurgery, Emory University School of Medicine
- BA, Vanderbilt University, 2008
- MD, University of Texas Southwestern, 2012
Areas of Interest
- Starting neuro-oncology elective research
- Preliminary grant writing and paper writing
- Emory University Department of Neurosurgery Tindall Resident Reserach Award
- CSHL Brain Tumor Helmsley Scholar
- American Brain Tumor Association Research Travel Grant - Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Brain Tumor Course
- NINDS Research Education Grant (R25)
- UT Southwestern Alpha Omega Alpha
- UT Southwestern Student Leadership Award
- UT Southwestern Medical School President 2008-2012
- Vigneswaran K, Read R, Olson J et al. MET fusion, amplification, and/or overexpression defines diffusely invasive tumor cells in pediatric and adult glioblastoma. Society for Neuro-Oncology Annual Meeting. November 2016.
- Vigneswaran K, Neill S, Hadjipaniyas CG. Beyond the World Health Organization grading of infiltrating gliomas: advances in the molecular genetics of glioma classification. Annals of Translational Medicine. 2015 May; 3(7): 95. Cited in PubMed: PMID: 26015937
- Vigneswaran K, Neill S, Mosley C, Rossi M, Olson J, Read R. Utilization of patient derived neurospheres to study pathophysiology and treatment of glioblastoma. Winship Scientific Research & Academic Development Symposium and Poster Session. October 2014
- Vigneswaran K, Vasudevan K, Frerich J. Neurosurgery Journal Club: Aminolevulinic Acid-derived Tumor Fluorescence: The Diagnostic Accuracy of Visible Fluorescence Qualities as Corroborated by Spectrometry and Histology and Postoperative Imaging. Published Online: Neurosurgery Oct 2014.
- Vigneswaran K, Whitoworth LA, Samson DS. Staged Radiosurgical Treatment of Large Intracerebral Arteriovenous Malformations: A UT Southwestern Medical Center Clinical Experience. American Association of Neurological Surgeons. 2011 Sep
- Elder BD, Vigneswaran K, Athanasiou KA, Kim DH. Biomechanical, Biochemical, and Histological Characterization of Canine Lumbar Facet Joint Cartilage. Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine. 2009 Jun; 10(6): 623-628. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 19558298.
- Rohrbough J, Rushton E, Woodruff E, 3rd, Fergestad T, Vigneswaran K, Broadie K. Presynaptic establishment of the synaptic cleft extracellular matrix is required for post-synaptic differentiation. Genes and Development. 2007 Sep; 21(20): 2607-2628. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 17901219.