Kumar Vasudevan, MD
Department of NeurosurgeryEmory University School of Medicine
- BA, Brown University, 2008
- BSc, Brown University, 2008
- MD, Brown University, 2012
- Enfolded Neurocritical Care Fellowship, Emory University, 2017
Hometown: Ocala, FL
Areas of Interest
- Critical Care
- Neurodegenerative Disease
- Priviate Practice
- Academic Neurosurgery
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons Leadership Fellow, 2017-18
- Doximity Fellow, 2017-18
- 3rd Place Poster, CNS Section of Spine and Peripheral Nerves, 2014
- Alpert Medical School Dean's Scholars Award
- Alpert Medical School Summer Assistantship Grant
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation Student Fellow
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Vasudevan K, Oh A, Tubbs S, Garcia D, Reisner A, Chern JJ (2017). Jackson-Pratt drainage in pediatric craniofacial reconstructive surgery: are we helping or hurting? Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics. In press.
- Vasudevan K, Boucher A, Akinduro O (2015). Journal Club: Surgical Management of Trigeminal Neuralgia: Use and Cost-Effectiveness From an Analysis of the Medicare Claims Database. Neurosurgery, 77(5).
- Vigneswaran K, Vasudevan K, Frerich JM (2015). Journal Club: 5-Aminolevulinic Acidderived Tumor Fluorescence: The Diagnostic Accuracy of Visible Fluorescence Qualities as Corroborated by Spectrometry and Histology and Postoperative Imaging. Neurosurgery, 76(2).
- Vasudevan K, Spader HS, Grossberg JA, Murphy T, and Jayaraman MD (2011). Successful endovascular treatment of a holo-hemispheric cerebral arteriovenous fistula in an infant. Journal of NeuroInterventional Surgery. 2011 Sep 28. [Epub ahead of print].
- Johanson CE, Messier A, Miller MC, Pascale C, Vasudevan K, Donahue J, Stopa E, Sabo E, Caralopoulos I, Klinge P, Brinker T, and Silverberg G (2009). Periventricular destabilization and ventriculomegaly in aging rats: implications for reduced neurogenesis and cognition. Cerebrospinal Fluid Research 2009, 6(Suppl 2): S16.
- Pujari A, Vasudevan K (2016). SCIWORA as a misleading descriptor in adult cervical trauma: An illustrative case. Georgia Neurosurgical Society Annual Fall Meeting, Greensboro, GA, December 2016.
- Vasudevan K, Salehani A, Pradilla G and Ahmad FA (2016). Surgical treatment of primary vs. secondary amyloidoma: A systematic review. American Association of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, April 2016.
- Salehani A, Vasudevan K, Pradilla G and Ahmad FA (2016). Secondary spinal amyloidoma: systematic review and surgical recommendations. American Association of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, April 2016.
- Vasudevan K and Chern J (2016). Subgaleal Jackson-Pratt Drainage in Pediatric Craniofacial Surgery: Is There a Role? American Association of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, April 2016.
- Vasudevan K, Salehani A, Pradilla G, Ahmad FA (2016). A systematic review of primary spinal amyloidomas: lessons learned from surgically managed lesions. AANS/CNS Joint Section on Disorders of Spine and Peripheral Nerves, Orlando, FL, March 2016.
- Vasudevan K, Holbrook B, Rogers BB, Bunting ST, Jones JD, Sawvel M; Kuan C, Vats A, Chern J, Reisner A (2016). Reduction in mortality for traumatic brain injury patients associated with the introduction of a traumatic brain injury care protocol. Southern Neurosurgery Society Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX, March 2016.
- Vasudevan K, Chern J (2015). Jackson-Pratt Drainage in Pediatric Major Craniofacial Surgery: Are We Helping or Hurting? Georgia Neurosurgical Society Annual Fall Meeting, Greensboro, GA, December 2015.
- Vasudevan K, Lamanna J, Riley J, Boulis NM (2014). Peripheral nerve stimulation for refractory craniofacial pain: an exploration of factors resulting in lead explantation. American Association of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, May 2014. (Received 3rd place prize among poster presentations)
- Vasudevan K, Spader HS, Grossberg JA, Murphy T, and Jayaraman MD (2011). Successful endovascular treatment of a holo-hemispheric cerebral arteriovenous fistula in an infant. American Association of Neurological Surgeons – Pediatrics, Annual Meeting, December 2010. (Also presented at 19th Annual Lifespan Research Celebration, Providence, RI, October 2011)
- Vasudevan K and Potter NS (2010). “Formalizing peer-assisted learning in neurology’”. Brown University Division of Public Health Research Day, Providence, RI, July 2010.