D. Jay McCracken, MD
Department of Neurosurgery, Emory University School of Medicine
- B.S., University of Georgia, 2005
- M.D., Medical College of Georgia at Georgia Regents University, 2011
Hometown: Alpharetta, Georgia
Areas of Interests
- Skull-base surgery
- Neurosurgical oncology
- Pituitary tumors
- Neurosurgical oncology practice in Atlanta
- Georgia Neurosurgical Society Annual Fall Meeting Resident Award for Best Reserach Presentation, 2016
- Augusta University Jag20 Emerging Alumni Leader Award, 2016
- American Heart Association Best of International Stroke Conference Abstracts Award, 2015
- Emory University School of Medicine HOPE Award, 2015
- North America Skull Base Society Annual Meeting Runner-Up Best Resident Research Award, 2015
- Georgia Neurosurgical Society Spring Meeting Resident Award for Best Oral Presentation, May 2014
- American Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery Biennial Meeting Epilepsy for Neurosurgeons and Neurologists Travel Grant, 2014
- American Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery Biennial Meeting Top Abstract, 2014
- Alpha of Georgia Chapter at the Medical College of Georgia Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, 2009
- Alpha Omega Alpha Carolyn L. Kuckein Student Research Fellowship, 2008
- AANS/CNS Joint Cerebrovascular Section
- AANS/CNS Section on Tumors
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- American Heart Association
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Georgia Neurosurgical Society
- North American Skull Base Society
- Society for Neuro-Oncology
- UGA football
- Hanging out with my wife and daughter
- McCracken DJ, Hoch MF, Erwood AA, Boucher AB, Saindane AM, Olson JJ. Patient Outcome Following Tumor Resection in Eloquent Cortex Using Functional Neuronavigation Alone. Submitted to Journal of Neurosurgery.
- Harland TA, Freeman JL, Davern M, McCracken DJ, Celano EC, Lillehai K, Olson JJ, Ormond DR. Progesterone-only Contraception is Associated with an Increased Risk of Intracranial Meningioma Recurrence in Premenopausal Women. Submitted to NEUROSURGERY.
- Gaspar LE, Hdeib A, McCracken DJ, McDermott M, Prabhu R, Kalkanis S. The Role of Whole Brain Radiation Therapy in the Management of Newly Diagnosed Brain Metastases: A Systematic Review and Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guideline. Submitted to NEUROSURGERY for supplemental publication.
- Boulter JH, Redpath B, McCracken DJ, Boulis NM, Saindane AM, Olson JJ. Atypical Facial Pain Caused by Contralateral Vestibular Schwannoma: Case Report and Review of the Literature. Submitted to World Neurosurgery, September 2016.
- Vivas EX, Carlson ML, Neff BA, Shepard NT, McCracken DJ, Sweeney AD, Olson JJ. Cranial Nerve Monitoring in Management of Vestibular Schwannoma: A Systematic Review and Evidence-based Clinical Practice Guideline. Guidelines submitted to NEUROSURGERY for supplemental publication
- Sweeney AD, Carlson ML, Shepard NT, McCracken DJ, Vivas EX, Neff BA. Congress of Neurological Surgeons Systematic Review and Evidence Based Guideline on Otologic and Audiologic Screening for Patients with Vestibular Schwannoma. Guidelines submitted to NEUROSURGERY for supplemental publication.
- McCracken DJ, Higginbotham RA, Boulter JH, Liu Y, Wells JA, Halani SH, Saindane AM, Oyesiku NM, Barrow DL, Olson JJ. Degree of Vascular Encasement in Sphenoid Wing Meningiomas Predicts Postoperative Ischemic Complications. Accepted to NEUROSURGERY, July 2016
- Carlson ML, Vivas EX, McCracken DJ, Sweeney AD, Neff BD, Shepard NT. Congress of Neurological Surgeons Systematic Review and Evidence Based Guideline on Hearing Preservation Outcomes in Patients with Sporadic Vestibular Schwannoma. Guidelines submitted to NEUROSURGERY for supplemental publication.
- McCracken DJ, Lovasik BP, McCracken CE, Frerich JM, McDougal ME, Samuels OB, Ratcliffe, J, Pradilla G. The ICH Score: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy? Accepted to NEUROSURGERY, October 2016.
- McCracken DJ, Celano EM, Voloschin AD, Read WR, Olson JJ. Phase I Trial of Dose- Escalating Temozolomide Plus Bevacizumab and Bortezomib for Patients with Recurrent Glioblastoma. J Neurooncol. 2016 Aug 9. PMID: 27502784
- McCracken DJ, Chu J, Oyesiku NM. Pituitary Tumors: Diagnosis and Management. Principles of Neurological Surgery, 4th Edition. Ellenbogen RG, Sekhar LN, Kitchen N. May 2016
- Howard BM, McCracken DJ, Cawley CM, Dion JE. Endovascular Coiling of Aneurysms. Atlas of Neurosurgical Techniques-Cranial Surgery, 2nd Edition. Ed. L. Sekhar, R. Fessler. April 2014
- McCracken DJ. Neurosurgery. Comprehensive Neurological Surgery Board Review, 3rd Edition. Ed. RL MacDonald, J. Citow, D. Refai. May 2014