Sheila Eshraghi, MD
Department of Neurosurgery, Emory University School of Medicine
- BS, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2009
- MD, Emory University, 2014
Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia
Areas of Interest
- Emory University School of Medicine Joseph B. Whitehead Scholarship, 2013-14
- Emory University School of Medicine Dean's Scholar, 2011-14
- Georgia Institute of Technology Summa Cum Laude Graduate, 2009
- Georgia Institute of Technology President's Scholarship, 2005-09
- National Merit Scholarship Program National Merit Scholar, 2005-09
- Georgia's HOPE Scholarship Program HOPE Scholar, 2005-09
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Women in Neurosurgery
- Prospective study of surgical intervention and biomarkers in severe traumatic brain injury under SC2i (PI: Leon E. Moors, MD, FACS; Nicholas Boulis, MD, PhD; Co-Investigator).
- Retrospective review of surgical versus conservative management of pituitary apoplexy and development of clinical paradigms and a novel classification system (PI: Nelson Oyesiku, MD, PhD, FACS; Co-Investigator).
- Cultivation of a pituitary patient database.
- Rima S. Rindler, Falgun H. Chokshi, James G. Malcolm, Sheila R. Eshraghi, Mahmud Mossa-Basha, Jason K. Chu, Shekar N. Kurpad, Faiz U. Ahmad "Spinal Diffusion Tensor Imaging in Evaluation of Preoperative and Postoperative Severity of Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy: Systematic Review of Literature" World Neurosurgery, Volume 99, March 2017, Pages 150–158
- Hage R, Eshraghi SR, Oyesiku NM, Ioachimescu AG, Newman NJ, Biousse V, Bruce BB. Third, fourth, and sixth cranial nerve palsies in pituitary apoplexy. Would Neurosurg 2016;94:447-452.
- Rindler RS, Miller BA, Eshraghi SR, Pradilla G, Refai D, Rodts G, Ahmad G. Efficacy of transsacral instrumentation for high-grade spondylolisthesis at L5-S1: A systematic review of the literature. World Neurosurg (2016), doi: 10.1016/j.wneu.2016.05.030.
- Howard BM, Eshraghi SR, Holland CM, Refai D. Octyl-cyanoacrylate skin adhesive is effective for wound closure in posterior spinal surgery without increased risk of wound complications. Clin Neurol Neursurg 2014;125:137-142.
Abstracts, Poster, and Oral Presentations
- Rindler RS, Chokshi F, Eshraghi S, Mossa-Basha M, Malcolm J, Chu J, Ahmad F. Role of spine diffusion tensor imaging in predicting post-operative outcome in cervical spondylotic myelopathy: A systematic review. American Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR) 54th Annual Meeting. Washington, D.C., May 21, 2016. (Poster presentation).
- Rindler RS, Chokshi F, Malcolm JG, Mossa-Basha M, Eshraghi S, Chu J, Pradilla G, Ahmas FU. Diagnostic ability of spinal diffusion tensor imaging in cervical degenerative pathologies: A systematic review of the literature. 2016 American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS). Chicago, IL. April 23, 2016. (Poster presentation)
- Eshraghi S. Neurosurgery Journal Club: “Validation of the Supplemented Spetzler-Martin Grading System for Brain Arteriovenous Malformations in a Multicenter Cohort of 1009 Surgical Patients.” Neurosurgical Grand Rounds, Emory University Department of Neurosurgery, Atlanta, GA. December 16, 2015. (Oral presentation)
- Eshraghi S, Hage R, Ioachimescu AG, Bruce B, Biousse V, Newman NJ, Oyesiku NM. Pituitary apoplexy: Clinical paradigms and a novel classification system. Medical Student Research Day, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA. April 2014. (Poster presentation).
- Eshraghi S. Pituitary Apoplexy: Clinical Paradigms and Novel Classification System. Neurosurgical Grand Rounds, Emory University Department of Neurosurgery, Atlanta, GA. April 2013.(Oral presentation).
- Eshraghi S, Li H, Yeh J, Zhu A. Design of a Minimally Invasive Annuloplasty Repair System (MIARS). BMED 4601 Senior Design Poster Session, Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA. April 2009. (Poster presentation).