Considered an important component to a resident’s education, Journal Club is held monthly on a designated Wednesday evening. The purpose of this club is to facilitate the review of a specific research study and discuss implications of the study for clinical practice. This conference is conducted by rotating members of the faculty.
Advantages to participating in journal club include:
- Keeping abreast of new knowledge and literature
- Promoting awareness of current neurosurgery research findings
- Learning to critique and appraise research
- Becoming familiar with the best current clinical research
- Encouraging research utilization