Led by Dr. Olson, the Laboratory of Clinically-Related Neuro-Oncology is currently involved in the following ongoing projects aimed at identifying novel treatments for aggressive brain tumors:
- Assessment of drugs targeted to newly identified tumor growth pathways
- Study of synthetic amino acids, pharmacokinetics and biodistribution to improve tumor imaging.
Techniques employed in the laboratory include:
- In vitro and in vivo brain tumor models
- Tumor protein, DNA and RNA analysis
- Drug and biological response modifier pharmacokinetics analysis
- Assessment of synthetic amino acid metabolism and distribution