- NIH R21 2017 “Novel strategies for mapping the emotional neural circuitry using human brain stimulation”. Bijanki – Principal Investigator, Willie – Co-Principal Investigator.
- Sleep Research Society Foundation (SRSF) Early Career Development Award 2015: “Effects of Deep Brain Stimulation of Amygdala upon Human Laughter-Induced Changes in Hoffman Reflex and Murine Cataplexy: Proof of Concept for Novel Therapy for Narcolepsy Type 1”. Willie - Primary Investigator.
- NIH R01: "Characterization of an endogenous GABA-ergic mechanism underlying hypersomnia". Willie - Co-Investigator.
- NIH KL2 2016 “Affective bias as a biomarker for neuropsychiatric complications following neurological surgery for epilepsy”. Bijanki – Principal Investigator, Willie – Co-Investigator.
- Sleep Research Society Foundation (SRSF) J. Christian Gillin, MD Research Grant 2014: “Investigation of the Effects of Deep Brain Stimulation of Amygdala Upon Laughter-Induced Changes in Hoffman Reflex, a Surrogate for Cataplexy”. Willie - Primary Investigator.
- Neurosurgery Research Education Fund (NREF) 2013 Young Investigator Award: “Local Field Potential Based Closed Loop Deep Brain Stimulation for Cataplexy in Narcoleptic Mice”. Willie - Primary Investigator.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – Young Investigator Grant 2013 “Direct electrical stimulation of the amygdala: Impact on suicidal ideation, depression, and anxiety”. Bijanki – Principal Investigator.
- Pfizer Medical and Academic Partnerships (MAP) 2011 Fellowship in Epilepsy: “Functional Mapping with Microstimulation for Presurgical Evaluation of Patients with Epilepsy”. Clinical Fellow.
- Cervical Spine Research Society 2010 Resident Research Fellowship: “Dizziness Associated with Cervical Spondylopathy: Prevalence and Outcome Following Surgical Intervention”. Resident Fellow.
- Neurosurgery Research Education Fund (NREF) 2010 Research Fellowship: “Orexin Neuropeptide Dynamics in Experimental Traumatic Brain Injury: A Key Mediator of Arousal and Therapeutic Target”. Resident Fellow.