Wendy L. Wright, MD, JM, FCCM, FNCS
Emory University Department of Neurosurgery
Emory University Department of Neurology
Associate Chief Medical Officer
Emory University Hospital-Midtown
Chief of Neurology
Emory University Hospital-Midtown
- BS, Texas Christian University, 1994
- MD, University of Texas Southwestern, 1998
- Internal Medicine Internship, University of Maryland, 1999
- Neurology Residency, University of Maryland, 2002
- Critical Care Neurology Fellowship, Johns Hopkins University, 2004
- Juris Master candidate, Emory University, Current
- Emory Healthcare Board of Directors, 2015
- Elected as a Fellow to the American College of Critical Care Medicine, 2012
- Sigma Xi, Scientific Research Honor Society, 1994-present
- Texas Christian University Outstanding Leadership Award, 1994
- Who's Who Among American College Students, 1994
- Texas Christian University Cum Laude graduate, 1994
- brain injury
- cerebral edema
- critical care medicine
- head Injury
- American Academy of Neurology
- Critical Care and Emergency Neurology Section
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Neurocritical Care Society (Charter Member)
- Southern Clinical Neurological Society
- Medical Association of Georgia
Current research interests include novel mechanisms of sodium manipulation to improve the treatment of cerebral edema; cerebrovascular disease; seizures; and management of medical complications in the critically ill neurologic patient. Additional research interests involve physician advocacy, patient safety, and improving patient outcomes in the ICU.
- Polly D, Asbury WH, Webb A, Wright WL. Incidence of ventilator-associated pneumonia in neuro-critical care patients prescribed a histamine2 receptor antagonist versus proton pump inhibitors for stress ulcer prophylaxis. (In submission)
- Webb A, Kolenda J, Martin K, Wright W, Samuels O. The effect of intraventricular administration of nicardipine on mean cerebral blood flow velocity measured by transcranial Doppler in the treatment of vasospasm following aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage. Neurocrit Care 2010;12(2):159-64.
- Wright WL. The Obama presidency: implications for stroke care. Int J Stroke 2009 Aug 4(4): 264-5.
- Wright WL, Asbury WH, Gilmore JL, Samuels OB. Conivaptan for the treatment of euvolemic hyponatremia in the neurocritical care unit. Neurocrit Care 2009; 11(1):6-13.
- Wright WL. Sodium and fluid manipulation in neurologic injury. Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 2012 12(4):466-73.
- Wright WL. 2007 Multimodal monitoring in the ICU: When could it be useful? Journal of Neurological Sciences. 2007;261(1-2):10-5
- Wright WL, Geocadin RG. 2006. Postresuscitative intensive care: neuroprotective strategies after cardiac arrest. Seminars in Neurology. 2006;26(4):396-402.
- Wright WL. “Administrative and Management Principles and Techniques,” in The Practice of Neurocritical Care, edited by J. Claude Hemphill, Alejandro A. Rabinstein and Owen B Samuels. The Neurocritical Care Society, 2015
- Wright WL. “Ischemic Stroke,” in Handbook of ICU EEG Monitoring, edited by Suzette Laroche; Springer Publishing, 2013.
- Wright WL. “Administration and Business Management,” in NCS Board Review Course Book, 2011.
- Wright WL. “Administration and Business Management,” in NCS Board Review Course Book, 2010.
- Wright WL. “Ethical Issues and Withdrawal of Life-sustaining Therapies,” in Handbook of Neurocritical Care, edited by Anish Bhardwaj and Marek Mirski. Springer, NY, pp247-264, 2010.
- Wright WL, Rigamonte D. “Nervous system trauma,” in Cerebrospinal Fluid, Edited by David Irani; Saunders, pp249-256, 2008.
- Wright WL. “Brain Abscesses and Parameningeal Infections,” in Current Therapy in Neurologic Disease, 7th Edition, Edited by Richard T. Johnson et al.; CV Mosby, pp169-172, 2005.
- Wright WL. “Encephalopathy,” in Handbook of Neurocritical Care (Current Clinical Neurology Series), edited by Anish Bhardwaj et al.; Humana Press, pp 19-30, 2004.
- Wright WL. “Nutrition”, in Handbook of Neurocritical Care (Current Clinical Neurology Series), edited by Anish Bhardwaj et al.; Humana Press, pp 273-294, 2004.