Vishal N. Patel, MD
Emory University Department of Neurosurgery
- BS, University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign , 2001
- MD, Southern Illinois University , 2005
- Preliminary year - Internal Medicine, Southern Illinois University , 2006
- Neurology Residency, Tufts University, 2009
- NeuroCritical Care Fellowship, Case Western Reserve University, 2011
- Golden Apple Teaching Award
- Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
- Resident Teacher Award in Neurology
- Tufts University School of Medicine Teaching Award
- NeuroCritical Care Society
- American Heart Association
- American Academy of Neurology
- Southeast Chapter – Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Glycemic control in acute ischemic stroke – SHINE (Stroke and Hyperglycemia Insulin Network Effort – PI / Emory)
- Induced hypothermia for acute ischemic stroke – ReCCLAIM (Reperfusion and Cooling in Acute Ischemia – Co-Investigator)
- Glycemic metabolism in induced hypothermia in patients with acute neurologic injury – planning stages.
- Horn C, Chung-Huan J, Nogueira R, Patel V, Krishnan A, Glenn B, Belagaje S, Thomas T, Anderson A, Frankel M, Schindler K, Gupta R (2013). Endovascular Reperfusion and Cooling in Cerebral Ischemia (ReCCLAIM I). Journal of Neurointerventional Surgery – in process.
- Patel V, Gupta R, Horn C, Thomas T, Nogueira R (2013). The NeuroCritical Care Management of the Endovascular Stroke Patient. Current Treatment Options in Neurology, 15.
- Patel V, Vishal N & Samuels, Owen B. (2012). The Critical Care Management of Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. Y. Murai. Aneurysm (pp 383-402). Rijeka, Croatia: InTech
- DeGeorgia M, Patel V (2011). Critical Care Management of Acute Ischemic Stroke. Journal of NeuroInternventional Surgery. 3; 34-37.
For a complete list of Dr. Patel’s publications and other works, please click the Google Scholar logo.