Prem Kandiah, MD
Emory University Department of Neurosurgery
- MBBS, University of the West Indies, Trinidad, 2000
- General Surgery Internship, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Scotland, 2001
- Hepatology Internship, Ninewells Teaching Hospital, Scotland, 2001
- Emergency Medicine - Senior House Officer, Bromley Hospital NHS Trust, London, 2002
- Neurology and Emergency Medicine Research Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital , 2004
- Internal Medicine/Neurology Combined Residency, Medical College of Wisconsin, 2009
- Multidisciplinary Critical Care Medicine , University of Pittsburgh, 2011
- Young Investigator Award for abstract accepted as oral presentation at the International Society for Hepatic Encephalopathy and Nitrogen Metabolism (I.S.H.E.N) 2012
- Medical College of Wisconsin Resident Scholar Award for excellence in research and publications in postgraduate training – Department of Neurology, 2009
- Alpha Omega Alpha National Honor Society membership awarded by student members in recognition of dedication to teaching and student development. 2007
- American Society of Neuroimaging Resident Travel Award, 2007
- Medical College of Wisconsin Neurology resident award for humanitarian assistance provided during the 2004 Tsunami, 2005
- Hepatic Coma
- Hyperammonemic Brain Injury
- Management of Cerebral Edema
- Intracranial Hypertension
- Kandiah PA, Nanchal R, Ulmer D, Klein A Metaanalysis of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Findingsand Neurological Outcomes in Liver Failure and Severe Hyperammonemia-- International Society for Hepatic Encephalopathy and Nitrogen Metabolism (I.S.H.E.N), May 29th 2012, Grenaa, Denmark
- Kandiah PA, Pandya D, Kori-graf A, Nanchal R, Hyperammonemic Brain Injury: Imaging, Neurological Outcome and Management in 8 ICU Patients - International Society for Hepatic Encephalopathy and Nitrogen Metabolism (I.S.H.E.N), Sept 14th 2010 Val David, Montreal
- Kandiah PA, Jacob S, Nanchal R, et al. Novel use of Dexmedetomidine in 4 adults with resistant alcohol withdrawal in the ICU – 38th Critical Care Congress, Feb 2nd 2009, Nashville, Tennessee
- Kandiah PA, Pandya D, Nanchal R, Kori-graf A. MRI findings in Hyperammonemia. 31st Annual American Society of Neuroimaging, January 17th 2008, Tucson Arizona
- Malhotra S, Kandiah PA, Khan RA, Nanchal R. Five Adults with Hyperammonemia: Exploring interventions, analyzing outcomes. Society of Critical Care medicine. 37th Critical Care Congress, Feb 2nd 2008, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Kandiah PA, Pandya D, Lynch JR, Nanchal R. Catastrophic Hyperammonemia in Fulminant Liver Failure: A Series of 4 Patients. Neurocritical Care Society meeting, November 2-3, 2007 Las Vegas, NV.
- Kandiah PA, Pandya D, Lynch JR, Nanchal R. Therapeutic Hypothermia in Salicylate Toxicity. Neurocritical Care Society meeting Las Vegas, NV from November 2-3, 2007
- Pandya D, Kandiah PA, Lynch JR, Zaidat O. Successful Thrombolysis with Intra-Arterial TPA 16 Hours after Onset of Left MCA Embolic Stroke. Neurocritical Care Society meeting, Las Vegas, NV from November 2-3, 2007.
- Reddy L, Kandiah PA, Lynch JR, Zaidat O. The Role of Diffusion and Perfusion Weighted MRI (DWI/PWI) in directing Hypertensive-Hypervolemic Therapy (HHT) in Patients with Acute Ischemic Stroke. Neurocritical Care Society meeting Las Vegas, NV from November 2-3, 2007.
- Kandiah PA, Atadzanov MA, Birbeck G. Validation of the single-question neuropathy screen (SQNS) used in Zambian anti-retroviral clinics. World Federation of Neurology (WFN), Regional North American Meeting, May 4th 2007, Boston, MA.