Adriana G. Ioachimescu, MD, PhD, FACE
Emory University Department of Neurosurgery
Emory University Division of Endocrinology
Emory Pituitary Center
Emory University Hospital
- MD, Carol Davila University of Medicine, 1995
- Internal Medicine Residency and Endocrinology Fellowship, Carol Davila University of Medicine, 2000
- PhD, Carol Davila University of Medicine, 2001
- Internal Medicine Residency, Yale University, 2003
- Internal Medicine Residency, Cleveland Clinic, 2004
- Endocrinology Fellowship, Cleveland Clinic, 2006
- Elected to the Pituitary Society Board of Directors, 2015
- Elected as Secretary of the Georgia Chapter of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, 2015
- Elected to the Board of Directors for the Georgia Chapter of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, 2012
- Emory University Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism Mentor of the Year, 2010
- Emory Department of Medicine Outstanding Scientific Citation Nomination, 2010
- Fellow of the American College of Endocrinology, 2010
- Annual Endocrine Society Meeting Mara Lieberman Award for outstanding abstracts submitted by women, 2008
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinology Young Investigator Award, 2006
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinology Young Investigator Award (Honorable mention, 2005
Co-Director and co-founder of a premier tertiary center neuroendocrine care for patients with pituitary tumors (Emory Neuroendocrine Pituitary Center) since June 2008. Responsibilities involve coordination of outpatient and inpatient diagnostic and therapeutic protocols for patients with pituitary disorders, supervision of mid-level practitioners and nurses in the neuroendocrine testing clinic, and collaboration with neurosurgery and radiation oncologists for integrated patient care.
- Romanian Society for PsychoNeuroEndocrinology
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Endocrine Society
- Pituitary Society
- American Federation for Medical Research
- Southern Society of Clinical Investigation
- Anthony J, Esper GJ, Ioachimescu A. Hypothalamic-pituitary sarcoidosis with vision loss and hypopituitarism: case series and literature review. Pituitary. 2015. Aug 14 [Epub ahead of print]
- Anthony JR, Abed Alwahab U, Kanakiya NK, Pimentel D, Veledar E, Oyesiku NM, Ioachimescu AG. Significant elevation of growth hormone levels impact surgical level outcomes in acromegaly. Endocrine Practice, June 2015, Epub ahead of print.
- Ioachimescu AG, Hampstead B, Elisabeth Burgess, Phillips L. "Growth Hormone Deficiency in Veterans with Traumatic Brain Injury: An Atlanta VAMC Pilot Study." Pituitary, Aug 2015, 18 (4): 535-41.
- Ioachimescu AG, Eiland L, Chhabra VS, Mastrogianakis GM, Schniederjan MJ, Brat D, Pileggi A, Oyesiku NM. Silent Corticotroph Adenomas (SCA): Emory University Cohort and Comparison with ACTH-Negative Nonfunctioning Pituitary Adenomas. Neurosurgery, Aug. 2012, 71 (2), 296-304.
- Ioachimescu AG, Hamrahian AH, Stevens M, Zimmerman R. The Pituitary Stalk Transection Syndrome: Multifaceted Presentation in Adulthood. Pituitary – 2011 Aug 9. [Epub ahead of print].
- Shah R, Licata A, Oyesiku NM, Ioachimescu AG. Acromegaly as a cause of 1,25-dihydroxy-vitamin D dependent hypercalcemia: case reports and review of literature. Pituitary. Published online December 28, 2010
- Pantalone KM, Gopan T, Remer EM, Faiman C, Ioachimescu AG, Levin HS, Siperstein A, Berber E, Shepardson LB, Bravo EL, Hamrahian AH.Change in adrenal mass size as a predictor of malignancy. Endocrine Practice, Feb 2010, pg 1-31.
- Ioachimescu AG, Brennan D, Hoar B, Hoogwerf BJ. The lipid accumulation product and all-cause mortality in patients at high cardiovascular risk: a PreCIS cohort study. Obesity, Dec. 24, 2009
- Kashyap S, Ioachimescu AG, Gornick H, Gopan T, Davidson M, Win H, Major J, Febbraio M, Silverstein R. Lipid induced insulin resistance is associated with increased monocyte CD36 activity. Obesity, 2009 Dec;17(12):2142-8.
- Ioachimescu AG, Brennan DB, Hoar BM, Hazen SL, Hoogwerf BJ. Serum uric acid is an independent predictor of all-cause mortality in patients at high risk of cardiovascular diseases. Arthritis and Rheumatism, 58, pg 623-630, 2008.
- Ioachimescu AG, Remer EM, Hamrahian AH. Adrenal incidentalomas: a disease of modern technology offering opportunities for improved patient care. Endocrinol Metabl Clin North AM. 2015 Jun;44(2):335-354. doi: 10.1016/j.ecl.2015.02.005.
- Ioachimescu AG, Barrow DL. Subarachnoid Hemorrhage and the Pituitary. World Neurosurgery, June 2015, 93 (6): 1026-8.
- Miller BA, Ioachimescu AG, Oyesiku NM. Contemporary indications for transsphenoidal surgery. World Neurosurg. 2014 Dec;82(6S):S147-S151.
- Anthony J, Ioachimescu AG. Acromegaly and bone disease. Current Opinion in Endocrinology and Diabetes, Dec;21(6):476-82, 2014.
- Management of large aggressive nonfunctional pituitary tumors: experimental medical options when surgery and radiation fail. Miller BA, Rutledge WC, Ioachimescu AG, Oyesiku NM. Neurosurg Clin N Am. Oct;23(4):587-94, 2012.
- Ioachimescu A and Licata A. Treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women who are at risk for fractures. US Endocrine Disease, issue 2: 119-121, 2007 http://www.touchbriefings.com/pdf/2403/licata.pdf.
- Ioachimescu AG, Licata A. Etidronate: What is its place in treatment of primary osteoporosis and other demineralizing diseases today? Curr Osteoporosis Reports, 5(4): 165-169, 2007.
- Ioachimescu AG and Tina Constantin. Endocrine Disorders and Mental Health, chapter in "The Hormone Factor in Mental Health: Bridging the Mind-body Gap". Editor: Linda M. Rio. Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2013.
- Muh C, Ioachimescu AG, Oyesiku NM. Growth Hormone Secreting Tumors in Schmidek & Sweet’s Operative Neurosurgical Techniques: Indications, Methods and Results, 6th Edition. Editor A Quinones-Hinojosa, Volume 1, Chapter 18, Elsevier/Saunders, Philadelphia, 2012.
- Miller BA, Rutledge WC, Ioachimescu AG, Oyesiku NM. Management of Large Aggressive Nonfunctional Pituitary Tumors: Experimental Medical Options when Surgery and Radiation Fail in Neurosurgery Clinics of North America. Management of Pituitary Tumors. Editors Aghi MK, Blevins LS, Volume 23, Number 4. WB Saunders Company, Philadelphia, 2012.
- Ioachimescu AG and Hamrahian AH. Diseases of the Adrenal Gland, chapter in 2009 Current Clinical Medicine. An Expert Consult Title. Editor William D. Carey. Saunders Elsevier, 2009.
- Ioachimescu AG. Glucocorticosteroids. In: ASAP - American College of Endocrinology (ACE) Self Assessment Program [online]. 2013. Available at: http://asap.aace.com.
- Ioachimescu AG. Glucocorticosteroids. In: ASAP - American College of Endocrinology (ACE) Self Assessment Program [online]. 2011. Available at: http://asap.aace.com.
- Ioachimescu AG, Hamrahian AH. Acute Adrenal Insufficiency in Critical Care Diagnosis and Treatment. Pulmonary and Critical Care Update (PCCU), volume 20, lesson 16, July 2006 http://www.chestnet.org/education/online/pccu/vol20/lessons16_17.
- Paquel F J, Vincentelli C, Brat DJ, Oyesiku NM, Ioachimescu AG. Pituitary Carcinoma in Situ, Endocrine Pract. 2013 May-June, 19 (3): e69-73.
- Ioachimescu AG, Eiland L, Barrow DL. Endocrine Pract. 2013 Sep 6: 1-7 [Epub ahead of print].
- Transformation of a Silent Adrenocorticotropic Pituitary Tumor Into Central Nervous System Melanoma. Miller BA, Tanaka T, Ioachimescu AG, Vincentelli C, Appin C, Oyesiku NM. Journal of Investigative Medicine High Impact Case Reports April-June 2013, vol 1, no 2.
- Eiland L, Oyesiku NM, Ritchie JC, Isaacs S, Ioachimescu AG. Pathogenesis of Marked Pituitary Enlargement and Increased Serum Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone in Primary Hypothyroidism. Thyroid. 2011 Dec 7.
- Shah R, Schniederjan M, DelGaudio JM, Ioachimescu AG. Visual vignette. Cushing’s Syndrome Due to an Ectopic Clival Pituitary Adenoma. Endocrine Practice 2011 Nov 1;17(6):966.
- Srivatsa S, Ioachimescu AG, Oyesiku NM, Hunter S Pituicytoma – a visual vignette. Endocrine Practice, 14 (9), pg 1192, 2008.
- Ioachimescu AG, Bauer TW, Licata A. Active Crohn’s Disease as a Cause for Hypercalcemia, which Responded to Infliximab: Case Presentation and Review of Literature. Endocrine Practice, 14, pg 87-92, 2008.