John Gale, PhD
Emory University Department of Neurosurgery
- BA, McDaniel College, 1992
- Graduate Courses, Youngstown State University, 1999-2001
- PhD, Kent State University, 2004
- International Neuromodulation Society Best Abstract, 2015
- Cleveland Clinic Appreciation Award, 2014
- Cleveland Clinic Innovation Award, 2013
- Boston University Center for Computational Neuroscience and Neural Technology Science and Engineering Research Symposium Winner
- Cleveland Clinic Innovation Award
- Georgetown University Department of Neuroscience Post-Doctoral Training Grant Recipient, 2004-05
- National Institute of Imaging and Biomedical Engineering Travel Assistance Award, 2002
- Kent State University/Cleveland Clinic Foundation Collaborative Doctoral Program Biomedical Sciences Graduate Assistantship, 2001-04
- International Neuromodulation Society
- Society for Neuroscience
- Kerr M, Kahn K, Park HJ, Johnson MA, Lee J, Thompson S, Bulacio J, Jones J, Gonzalez-Martínez J, Liegeois-Chauvel C, Sarma SV*, Gale JT*(co-last authors). The Role of Associative Cortices and Hippocampus during Movement Perturbations. Nature Communications, Submitted.
- Jones J, Mullin J, Smithason S, Gale JT, Gonzalez-Martinez J. Does the Volume of Resection Matter? Resection Volume and Seizure Recurrence Analysis in SEEG Guided Resections. Journal of Neurosurgery, Submitted.
- Ishizawa Y, Ahmed OJ, Patel SR, Gale JT, Sierra-Mercado D, Brown EN, Eskandar EN. Dynamics of anesthetic-induced unconsciousness across primate neocortex. Journal of Neuroscience, Under Review.
- Gopalakrishnan R, Burgess RC, Gale JT, Floden D, Machado AG Non-painful stimulus evoke greater affect in stroke patients with allodynia-learned affective response. Human Brain Mapping, Under Review.
- Chan HH, Cooperrider J, Chen Z, Gale JT, Baker KB, Modic C, Wathen C, Park HJ, Machado AG. Lateral cerebellar nucleus stimulation has selective effects on glutamatergic and GABAergic poststroke neurogenesis. Neurorehabilitation & Neural Repair, Under Review.
- Kahn K, Kerr M, Gonzalez-Martínez J, Park HJ, Bulacio J, Johnson MA, Thompson S, Jones J, Chid V, Gale JT*, Sarma SV*(co-last authors). "Lucky" Rhythms in Orbitofrontal Cortex Bias Gambling Decisions in Humans. Nature Scientific Reports, Under Review.
- Katnani H, Patel S, Kwon CS, Abdel-Aziz S, Gale JT, Eskandar EN. Temporally Coordinated Deep Brain Stimulation in the Dorsal and Ventral Striatum Synergistically Enhances Associative Learning. Nature Scientific Reports, Accepted.
- Nemes A, Najm IM, Gale JT, Zhong Y, Johnson M, Gonzalez-Martinez J. Underlying Cortical Dysplasia as Risk Factor for Traumatic Epilepsy: An Animal Study. Journal of Neurotrauma, In Press.
- Gonzalez-Martinez J, Bulacio J, Yu F, Thompson S, Gale JT, Najm I, Bingaman W. Technique, Results and Complications Related to Robot-Assisted Stereoelectroencephalography. Neurosurgery, 2015, In Press.
- Cooperrider J, Gale JT, Gopalakrishnan R, Chan HH, Wathen C, Park HJ, Baker KB, Shaikh AG, Machado AG. Differential Frequency Modulation of Neural Activity in the Lateral Cerebellar Nucleus in Failed and Successful Grasps Corresponding. Experimental Neurology, (277) 27-34, 2015.
- Montgomery EB, Jr., Gale JT. Neurophysiology/Circuitry. In: Pahwa R and Lyons KE (eds). Handbook of Parkinson's Disease, Fourth Edition. London: Informa Healthcare, 2007
- Montgomery EB, Jr., Gale JT, Baker KB. High frequency subthalamic nucleus stimulation. In: Lüders HO (ed) Brain Stimulation and Epilepsy. London: Martin Dunitz, Ltd, 131-43, 2003
- Cooperrider J, Gale JT, Gopalakrishnan R, Chan HH, Wathen C, Park HJ, Baker KB, Shaikh AG, Machado AG. Classification of the lateral cerebellar nucleus neuronal activity during skilled reaching tasks. Society for Neuroscience, 2015 – Chicago, IL
- Chan HH, Cooperrider J, Liu A, Park HJ, Gale JT, Machado AG. Crossed cerebellar atrophy of the lateral cerebellar nucleus following endothelin-1 induced stroke. Society for Neuroscience, 2015 – Chicago, IL
- Santaniello S, McCarthy MM, Montgomery EB, Gale JT, Kopell N, Sarma SV. Neural restoration via loop-based reinforcement: A mechanism of therapeutic high frequency stimulation in Parkinson’s disease. Society for Neuroscience, 2014 – Washington, DC
- Kerr MS, Kahn K, Park HJ, Thompson S, Bulacio J, Gonzalez-MartinezJ, Gale JT, Sarma SV. Neural correlates of human motor control. Society for Neuroscience, 2014 – Washington, DC
- Chan HH, Cooperrider J, Gale JT, Machado AG. Bursting and regular chronic cerebellar stimulation modulates perilesional cortical angiogenesis and neurogenesis. Society for Neuroscience, 2014 – Washington, DC
- Cooperrider J, Gale JT, Gopalakrishnan R, Park HJ, Waltham C, Chan H, Machado AG. Differential modulation of the lateral cerebellar nucleus during successful and unsuccessful reaching attempts. Society for Neuroscience – 2014 – Washington, DC
- Cooperrider J, Gale JT, Gopalakrishnan R, Park HJ, Waltham C, Famargo H, Machado AG. Lateral Cerebellar Nucleus Activity of the Ischemic Rat During a Reaching. Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery Society, 2014 - Washington, DC
- Kwon CS, Patel SR, Gale JT, Eskandar EN. Synergistic effects of dual stimulation of the caudate and nucleus accumbens on learning, Society for Neuroscience, 2013 – San Diego, CA
- Truong H, Park H, Cooperrider J, Gale JT, Machado AG, Stimulation of the dentate nucleus enhances cortical excitability in an endothelin-1 induced stroke rat model, Society for Neuroscience, 2013 – San Diego, CA
- Machado AG, Cooperrider J, Truong H, Plow E, Park H, Gale JT, Bursting and regular chronic cerebellar stimulation modulate perilesional cortical reorganization as well as expression of synaptophysin and markers of long-term potentiation, Society for Neuroscience, 2013 – San Diego, CA
For a complete list of Dr. Gale’s publications and other works, please click the Google Scholar logo below.