Barun Brahma, MD
Emory University Department of Neurosurgery
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- BS, University of Southern California, 1996
- MD, University of Michigan, 2000
- General Surgery Internship, University of Michigan, 2001
- Spinal Deformity Fellowship, University of Michigan, 2006
- Neurosurgery Residency, University of Michigan, 2007
- Pediatric Neurosurgery Fellowship, Emory University, 2009
- Mentor Award, UROP, University of Michigan 2005
- You’re Super Award, University of Michigan Health Systems 2002 – 05
- Resident Award, Neuroanatomy, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Michigan 2002 – 04
- Edgar Kahn Award, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Michigan, 2000
- Alpha Omega Alpha, , University of Michigan Medical School, 1999
- Order of Omega, University of Southern California, 1996
- Tau beta Pi, University of Southern California, 1996
- Golden Key, National Honors Fraternity, 1996
- Dean’s List, University of Southern California, 1992-96
- Trustee’s Scholar, University of Southern California, 1992-96
- Merit Research Scholar, University of Southern California, 1992 -96
- Outstanding Project, Pacific Bell, 1995
- President, Alpha Lambda Delta, 1993
- National Merit Scholar 1992
- Pediatric spine
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Brain tumors
- Chiari malformations
- American Association of Neurological
- Surgery Congress of Neurological Surgery
- American Medical Association
Chern JJ, Sarda S, Howard BM, Jea A, Tubbs RS, Brahma B, Wrubel DM, Reisner A, Boydston W. Utility of surveillance imaging after minor blunt head trauma. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2014 Sep;14(3):306-10.
Wrubel DM, Riemenschneider KJ, Braender C, Miller BA, Hirsh DA, Reisner A, Boydston W, Brahma B, Chern JJ. Return to system within 30 days of pediatric neurosurgery. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2014 Feb;13(2):216-21.
Jain A, Betancur M, Patel GD, Valmikinathan CM, Mukhatyar VJ, Vakharia A, Pai SB, Brahma B, Macdonald TJ, Bellamkonda RV. Guiding Intracortical Brain Tumour Cells to an Extracortical Cytotoxic Hydrogel Using Aligned Polymeric Nanofibers. Nature Materials. Mar 2014; 13:308-16.
Schniederjan MJ, Al-Gamdeh S, Castellano-Sanchez A, Mazewski CM, Brahma B, Brat DJ, Brathwaite CD, Janss AJ. Low grade leptomeningeal neuroepithelial tumor: Nine pediatric cases with analysis of 1P/19q deletion and IDH1 immunohistochemistry. Am Journ Surg Path. May 2013; 37(5): 763-71.
Roller BT, Munson JM, Brahma B, Santangelo PJ, Pai SB, Bellamkonda RV. Evans Blue nanocarriers visually demarcates margins of invasive gliomas. Drug Delivery and Translational Research. March 2013.
Sribnick EA, Dadashev VY, Brahma B, Wrubel DM. The use of inside outside screws for occipitocervical fusion in pediatric patients. J Neurosurg Pediatr. Nov 2012; 10 (5): 392-7.
Shi Z, Esiahvili N, Janss AJ, Mazewski CM, Macdonald TJ, Wrubel DM, Brahma B, Shu HK. Transient enlargement of craniopharyngioma after radiation therapy: Pattern of MRI response following radiation. J Neurooncol. Sep 2012; 109(2): 349-55.
Maurice SM, Brahma B, Burstein FD. Disappearing dermoid: Fact or Fiction? J Craniofac Surg. May 2012; 23(3): 812-6.
Parmar H, Park P, Brahma B, Gandhi D. Imaging of idiopathic spinal cord herniation. Radiographics. Mar-Apr 2008; 28(2): 511-8.
Lodhia KR, Brahma B, McGillicuddy JE. Peripheral nerve injuries in weight training. Phys Sports Med. Jul 2005; 33(7): 24-37.