William Boydston, MD, PhD, FAAP
Emory University Department of Neurosurgery
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- BS, University of Georgia, 1975
- PhD, Medical College of Georgia, 1980
- MD, Medical College of Georgia, 1985
- General Surgery Internship, University of Tennessee, 1986
- Neurological Surgery Residency, University of Tennessee, 1991
- Pediatric Neurosurgery Fellowship, Scottish Rite Children's Hospital, 1992
- Fellow, American Association of Pediatrics, 2007-Present
- Michael Scott MD lecture, Department of Neurosurgery - Temple University, Graduation Speaker, 2013
- Top Doctors, Atlanta Magazine, 2005-13
- American Board of Neurological Surgery, Invited Examiner, 2011
- New Mexico Travel Scholarship, The University of Tennessee, 1989
- Clinical Neuroscience Award, Medical College of Georgia, 1985
- Lange Medical Book Award, 1981-1982
- Who’s Who among Students in America Universities and Colleges, 1977-1978
- Senior Superlative, The University of Georgia, 1975
- Spasticity: Selective dorsal rhizotomy; baclofen pump
- Brain tumors
- Spinal tumors
- Spina Bifida
- Brachial Plexus/Peripheral Nerve
- Tethered cord
- Chiari malformation/Syringomyelia
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- American Association of Pediatrics, Fellow
- American Society of Pediatric Neurosurgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- AANS/CNS Critical Care, Trauma Section
- Georgia Neurosurgical Society
- Medical Association of Atlanta
- Medical Association of Georgia
- AANS/CNS Pediatric Section
- Chern,J, Boydston,W, et al: Utility of Surveillance Imaging after Minor Blunt Head Trauma. J of Neurosurgery- Peds, 2014 [ in press].
- Wrubel,D, Riemenschneider,B,Braender,C, Miller,B, Hirsh,D, Reisner,A, Boydston,W, Brahma,B, Chern,J:Return to System Within 30 Days of Pediatric Neurosurgery. J of Neurosurgery- Pediatrics, 2014 [in press].
- Aguilera,D,Flamini,R,Boydston,W,et al:Response of Subependymal Giant Cell Astrocytomas with Spinal Cord Metastasis to Everlimus, J Ped Hematology/ Oncology, 2013, in press.
- Aguilera,D,Mazewski,C,Boydston,W,McDonald,T: Neurofibromatosis 2 and Spinal Cord Ependymomas: Report of 2 Cases and Review of the Literature, Child’s Nervous System DOI 10. 1007/S00381-010-1351-3, Dec, 2010.
- Burstein,F, Cohen,S,Hudgins,R, Boydston,W:The Use of Hydroxyapetite in Secondary Craniofacial Reconstruction. Plastic and Reconstruction Surgery 104;1270-1275,1999.
- Carmel,P, Boydston,W,et al. Incidence and Management of Subdural Hematoma/Hygroma With Variable and Fixed Pressure Differential Valves. Neurosurgical Focus, 1999.
- Albright,L,Boydston,W, et al:Performance and Complications Associated with Synchromed 10ml Pump for Intrathecal Baclofen Administration in Children, Neurosurgery, 2004
- Hudgins,R,Boydston,W,Gilreath,L:Treatment of Posthemorrhagic Hydrocephalus in the Pretrem Infant with a Ventricular Access Device. Ped Neurosurgery 29; 303-313, 1999.
- Hall,D,Boydston,W:Pediatric Neck Injuries. Pediatrics in Review 20:13-20,1999.
- Hudgins,R,Boydston,W:Shunt Revision by Coagulation With Retention of Ventricular Catheter 29;57-59,1999.