Daniel L. Barrow, MD
Pamela Rollins Chairman & Professor
Emory University Department of Neurosurgery
Chief of Neurosurgery Service
Emory University Hospital
Emory MBNA Stroke Center
- BA, Westminster College, 1976
- Externship - Department of Neurosurgery, University of Virginia, 1978
- MD, Southern Illinois University, 1979
- Surgical Internship, Emory University, 1980
- Neurology Service, Harvard University, 1982
- Neurological Residency, Emory University, 1985
- Matthew Woods, Sr., Visiting Professor Semmes-Murphey Clinic, University of Tennessee, 2014
- Michael Scott Visiting Professor Temple University, 2014
- Honored Guest, The Spetzler Society, 2014
- Walter Dandy Visiting Professor, John Hopkins University, 2013
- Heinrich Kluver Memorial Visiting Professor, University of Chicago, 2013
- Ghaus Malik Lecturer in Neurosurgery, Henry Ford Health System, 2013
- Noah Duncan Visiting Professor, University of North Carolina, 2013
- J. Garber Galbraith Lecturer, University of Alabama-Birmingham, 2012
- W. James Garner Visiting Lecturer, The Cleveland Clinic, 2012
- Honored Guest, Texas Association of Neurological Surgeons, 2012
- brain aneurysm
- cerebral aneurysm
- brain tumors
- bypass surgery brain
- carotid endarterectomy
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- cerebrovascular accident
- cervical fusion
- cranial aneurysms
- herniated disc
- lumbar decompression
- microvascular surgery
- spinal stenosis
- spinal surgery
- skull base tumors
- transient ischemic attacks
- trigeminal neuralgia
- Aequanimitas, the Neurosurgical Society
- American Academy of Neurological Surgery
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- American Medical Association
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Georgia Neurosurgical Society
- Joint Section on Cerebrovascular Surgery, AANS/CNS
- Medical Association of Atlanta
- Medical Association of Georgia
- Neurosurgical Society of America
- Society of Neurological Surgeons
- Society of University Neurosurgeons
- Southern Neurosurgical Society
- Stroke Council of American Heart Association, Fellow
- Lieber BA, Wilson TA, Bell R, Barrow DL, Wolfe SQ: Gauging the Feasibility of Cost-Sharing and Medical Students Interest Groups to Reduce Interviews Costs. Neurosurgical Focus (in press).
- Arnaout OM, El Ahmadieh TY; Zammer SG, El Tecle NE, Hamade YJ, Aoun SG, Rahme RJ, Eddleman CS, Barrow DL, Batjer HH, Bendok BR: Microsurgical treatment of previously coiled intracranial aneurysms: Systematic review of the literature. Neurosurgery (submitted).
- Howard B, Barrow DL: Neuro-ophtholomolgy and intracranial aneurysms. World Neurosurgery (in press).
- McCracken DJ, Willie JT, Fernald B, Saindane AM, Drane DL, Barrow DL, Gross RE: Magnetic resonance thermometry-guided stereotactic laser ablation of cavernous malformations in drug-resistant epilepsy: Imaging and clinical results. Neurosurgery (submitted).
- Barrow DL: Neurosurgical Training. World Neurosurgery. http//dx.doi,org/10.1016/jwneu.2014.02.025.
- Howard, B, Barrow DL, Screening for unruptured intracranial aneurysms: Who and When? World Neurosurgery (in press).
- Youssef PP, Schuette AJ, Cawley CM, Barrow DL: Advances in Surgical Approaches to Dural Fistulas. Neurosurgery Supplement. 74: S32-S41, 2014.
- Schuette AJ, Barrow DL, Cohen-Gadol AA: Avoidance and management strategies to minimize complications during intraoperative aneurysms hemorrhage. Submitted to Neurosurgery.
- Etminan N, Beseoglu K, Barrow DL et al: Multidisciplinary consensus on assessment of unruptured intracranial aneurysms. Proposal of an international research group. Stroke. 45:1523-1530, 2014.
- Ioachimescu AG, Eiland L, Barrow DL: Internal carotid aneurysms mimicking a craniopharyngiomas. Endocr Pract. 2013 Sep 6:1-7.
For a complete list of Dr. Barrow’s publications and other works, please click the Google Scholar logo below.